Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A perfect blend of flavors, and it's very refreshing, it's a perfect summertime soup. This recipe was taken from the National Watermelon website. Cooking time is refrigeration time. Adjust all amount to taste.
- 6 cups seeded and cubed watermelon
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped apples (I use Golden Delicious apples)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- In a blender, puree the watermelon; pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate, covered at least 1 hour to blend flavors.
- This recipe serves four but can easily be doubled.
I made this for a large party at my husband's office. I made it the day before and it tasted terrific. Some did not want to taste it because they thought it would taste weird but they loved it!
I made this for a dinner party and it was a really big hit (once people got up enough nerve to try it). I might add less green pepper next time because several of the guests commented that they really enjoyed it except for the green pepper. My husband who is on a raw food diet loved it. It was quick easy and provided a really nice exotic touch. I'll be making it again.