Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Juicy watermelon replaces tomatoes in this salsa that's simultaneously cool and spicy hot, perfect for a summer barbeque. Serve it with tortilla chips, or use it as a topping for grilled chicken or fish.
- 3 cups chopped watermelon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, combine the watermelon, green bell pepper, lime juice, cilantro, green onions, jalapeno and garlic powder.
- Mix well and serve.
Very different and so super good!! The cold watermelon is just wonderful with the hot jalapenos and the zippy lime added another taste sensation! Very easy recipe to follow and so quick to make. I served this with a chicken breast sauted in butter and a big pina' colada. Thanks for this recipe Rhonda O!!
I am always looking for a new and interesting taste sensation. This was it. Really liked the cool/icy-hot taste. Went well with our Zaar Cookathon/ 4th of July menu. Thanks for a recipe that shakes things up a bit.
Yum!!!!!! A wonderful side to grilled chicken. Salsa has a great double kick. Nice and cool but yet zingy! I am going to try this with a grilled shrimp next.