Recipe by Rhonda O
Juicy watermelon replaces tomatoes in this salsa that's simultaneously cool and spicy hot, perfect for a summer barbeque. Serve it with tortilla chips, or use it as a topping for grilled chicken or fish.
Top Review by MizzNezz
Very different and so super good!! The cold watermelon is just wonderful with the hot jalapenos and the zippy lime added another taste sensation! Very easy recipe to follow and so quick to make. I served this with a chicken breast sauted in butter and a big pina' colada. Thanks for this recipe Rhonda O!!
- 3 cups chopped watermelon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, combine the watermelon, green bell pepper, lime juice, cilantro, green onions, jalapeno and garlic powder.
- Mix well and serve.