Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
The bright red watermelon in the salad is perfectly complimented by salty feta cheese and toasty pine nuts. Red and green grapes add texture and color. Top this salad with fresh mint and a champagne vinaigrette! http://cheesepleasebyjess.blogspot.com/2011/08/watermelon-feta-salad.html
- 3 lbs wedge seedless watermelon or 3 lbs half of a seedless miniature watermelon
- 1 cup red and green grape, halved
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint leaves, plus extra for serving
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, vinegar, and mint. Set aside.
- With a sharp knife cut the watermelon in half lengthwise. Cut the fruit away from the rind. Then cut the fruit into cubes 1/4-inch.
- In a large bowl, toss the watermelon together with grapes and cheese. When ready to serve, toss with the dressing and nuts. Garnish with a mint sprig and serve immediately.
Made this recipe as given, although for my share of it, I left out the mint! My other half, however, loves mint, so . . . . This is definitely a refreshing & satisfying salad, & one I'll be making again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]