Recipe by Paris D
I found this on foodnetwork.com. We LOVE it!!! There are no quantities - we just used whatever we thought would taste good. Originally, the recipe called for 1 part white wine vinegar and 3 parts olive oil whisked together with salt and pepper to taste, but it really doesn't need the dressing to be delicious and we're trying to cut back on calories, fat, etc., so we don't bother making that part anymore. We still sprinkle a little pepper on it and a little salt would probably be good, too, but it's great without salt, so...
Top Review by Jadebluafterglo
OH MY GOD!!! This salad was fantastic!!! Even my husband who doesn't really care for vinegar, loved this salad. I accidently forgot the olives and I put 1/2 cup of vinegar and 1/2 olive oil instead of the 1 to 3 ratio and I loved it. I also used fresh basil instead of oregano. Turned out fab. Highly, highly recommend.
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 red onion, chopped (try to chop this the night before and leave it in the refrigerator in a sandwich bag so it has a cha)
- 4 1⁄2 cups watermelon, cubed (more or less depending on your tastes)
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup kalamata olive, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oregano, freshly chopped