Recipe by An_Net
A quick, easy and healthy salad that is perfect for BBQ's and picnics. If you cannot buy lemon scented olive oil try this quick alternative. Combine finely grated rind of 1 lemon and 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil in a screw top jar. Secure lid and shake well.
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
So simple and so delicious! This wonderful, yet unexpected, combination creates a great texture. I made it with sunflower seeds (had them on hand) and the 'homemade' version of lemon-scented oil. A complete success.
- spray and cook oil
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 seedless watermelon (small)
- 100 g feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup lemon scented extra virgin olive oil
- freshly cracked pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place oil and pumpkin seeds in a cold frypan. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until toasted. Season to taste with sea salt.
- Place in small bowl and set aside to cool.
- Slice watermelon into 1cm thick wedges and arrange on a serving plate.
- Crumble feta over watermelon and drizzle with lemon scented olive oil *SEE NOTE ABOVE*.
- Sprinkle with freshly cracked pepper if required. Serve.