Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This would be lovely on a summer day, but we enjoyed it inside, on a windy March night. You could also make this refreshing drink with strawberries.
- Start a few hours before you'd like the drinks, by freezing the cubed watermelon.
- When you're ready to mix the drinks, squeeze the lime juice into a blender.
- Add the frozen watermelon cubes, icing sugar and rum.
- Blend until smooth and frothy.
- Pour into two glasses and serve.
This is FABULOUS! I loved it! So did my boyfriend -how refreshing! I also made it nada colada style by adding pink lemonade instead of rum - for the kids - they came out divine! We loved those for after working in the yard! Thank you so much - what a treat!
This was a nice and refreshing cocktail on a scorching hot day. It was bit sweet for me and I would cut the sugar by half next time. I would make this again even without the alcohol. Thanks for posting.
Had everything on hand for this and was in the mood for a fun new drink. As written I found the lime overpowering. I used 2 oz of spiced rum (what I had) Luckily I like my drinks strong! lol The watermelon doesn't do much to mellow the alcohol. Next time I would half the lime, add a little more sugar, and maybe add a touch of mint. Thanks for the idea.