Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This refreshing margarita is perfect for summer. If you would like a frozen drink, freeze the watermelon ahead of time. From Bon Appetit July, 2007.
- 1 1⁄2 cups watermelon, cut into 1-inch chunks
- English cucumber (cut into 6, 1/8-inch-thick slices)
- 15 large fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄2 cup 100% blue agave silver tequila
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons simple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Cointreau liqueur or 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 2 cups ice cubes, divided
- 2 slices watermelon, triangles, each skewered with 1 cucumber round (for garnish)
- 2 fresh mint sprigs (for garnish)
- PreparationPlace first 3 ingredients in medium bowl. Press firmly on solids with muddler or back of wooden spoon until mashed. Mix in tequila, lime juice, Simple Syrup, and Cointreau, then 1 cup ice. Stir to blend well. Strain into large glass measuring cup. Divide remaining ice between 2 tall glasses. Pour Margarita mixture over. Garnish with watermelon skewers and mint sprigs.
This was yummy! I also made it with honey dew melon (in place of watermelon), used half the mint, blended it, and garnished with a melon ball.. wow!