Recipe by Love new grub
I came acrosss this salad visiting my aunt and fell in love with it. Who ever thought watermelon feta and olives could make a wonderful combination! This is a great fresh summer salald!!
Top Review by reneeumiami
So fresh and flavorful! I prefer seeded watermelon to seedless, so the prep time is much longer than 15 minutes if you are cutting out all the seeds. But it's worth it! By cutting the watermelon off the rind for this recipe I can save the rinds for pickling.
- 6 cups watermelon, bite size
- 3⁄4 cup long English cucumber, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup kalamto black olives, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, sliverd
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint, sliverd
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt