I came acrosss this salad visiting my aunt and fell in love with it. Who ever thought watermelon feta and olives could make a wonderful combination! This is a great fresh summer salald!!
- 6 cups watermelon, bite size
- 3⁄4 cup long English cucumber, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup kalamto black olives, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, sliverd
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint, sliverd
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cut all fruit and add to medium sized bowl.
- Add cheese.
- To sliver herbs roll and cut with sharp knife.
- Wish together vinigar, oil and salt.
- Pour over salad and serve immidiately.
So fresh and flavorful! I prefer seeded watermelon to seedless, so the prep time is much longer than 15 minutes if you are cutting out all the seeds. But it's worth it! By cutting the watermelon off the rind for this recipe I can save the rinds for pickling.