3 hrs 38 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
Look like cute little slices of watermelon and very easy to make...even for a veteran cookie burner like me. Would be great for a summer cook-out or anytime there are kids around. Prep time includes chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon orange juice or 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- red food coloring (enough to make watermelon colored dough)
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- green sugar crystals
- 1Stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- 2In large mixer bowl beat margarine and shortening for 30 seconds.
- 3Add 3/4°C sugar, beat until fluffy.
- 4Add egg, orange juice, vanilla and red food coloring.
- 5Beat well on medium.
- 6Add flour mixture, beating on low until combined.
- 7Cover, chill 3 hours.
- 8Roll out half the dough, 1/4 inch thick.
- 9Cut with 3" round cookie cutter.
- 10Cut cookies in half.
- 11Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 12Press a few chocolate chips in each cookie for seeds.
- 13Repeat with remaining dough.
- 14Bake 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees.
- 15Do not brown.
- 17Whisk together egg white and water.
- 18Brush this on the edge of each cookie and dip wet part into green sugar.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Watermelon Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.7
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 8.8 mg
- Sodium 110.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 1.6 g