Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Delicious, refreshing punch that is perfect for showers, graduation parties, etc. Cook time is freeze time
- 1 orange, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 (48 ounce) bottle cranberry juice or 1 (48 ounce) bottle cranberry-raspberry juice
- 1⁄2 small seedless watermelon
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar, more to taste
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 lime, thinly sliced
- 4 (750 ml) bottlesdry champagne or 4 (750 ml) bottles sparkling wine
- For ice mold, place orange sliced in the bottom of a bundt pan or other decorative mold; pour juice over slices; freeze until solid, at least 8 hours.
- Scoop 3 cups of melon balls from watermelon, using the small end of a melon baller.
- Place melon balls in a plastic bag; refrigerate until serving time; cut remaining watermelon flesh into chunks; place in a blender, add sugar and lime juice; process in blender or food processor until smooth; press through a fine mesh strainer; refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- Remove ice ring just before serving by dipping the bottom of the mold in a sinkful of hot water for about 12 seconds; invert over a plate to unmold, gently slide the mold into punch bowl.
- Pour in half of the chilled puree; pour in champagne from 2 bottles; garnish with melon balls, reserving some for individual punch glasses; replenish the punch with remaining puree and champagne as needed.