1/1 Photo of Watermelon Cantaloupe Salad With Mint-Basil Vinaigrette
From Giada DeLaurentiis, Food Network. I made this today and it is VERY good. I didn't have amaretto; I used almond extract.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 watermelon
- 1 cantaloupe, cut in half, seeded
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup simple syrup (equal amounts sugar and water heated until sugar dissolves, cool)
- 1/8 teaspoon Amaretto (I used almond extract)
- fresh sprigs of mint & basil
- 1Scoop 2 cups each from the watermelon and the cantaloupe using a melon baller. Carve the remainder of the watermelon out and reserve shell.
- 2Add to a blender the chopped mint, chopped basil, lemon juice, simple syrup and amaretto. Blend until smooth.
- 3Add the watermelon and cantaloupe balls to the carved out watermelon half.
- 4Add the vinaigrette to the balls and toss to combine.
- 5Garnish with the mint and basil sprigs and taste.
Browse Our Top Melons Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Melons Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Watermelon Cantaloupe Salad With Mint-Basil Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.7
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 30.7 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: