1/1 Photo of Watermelon Cake
1 hr 30 mins
A good friend of mine made this cake for her daugther's B-day party. It was adorable and delicious. She gave me the recipe and I am posting it for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (7 ounce) package chocolate-covered raisins
- 20 drops red food coloring, divided
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (16 ounce) container vanilla frosting
- 8 drops green food coloring
- 1Set aside 2 tablespoons chocolate covered raisins.
- 2Prepare cake batter according to the package directions.
- 3Add 12 drops of red food coloring and the remaining chocolate covered raisins to the batter; stir to mix.
- 4Pour batter into two 8-inch cake pans that have been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, lined with wax paper and sprayed again with non-stick cooking spray.
- 5Bake according to package directions.
- 6Let cool for 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.
- 7Divide the frosting equally between two bowls.
- 8Add the green food coloring to one bowl; stir to combine.
- 9Add the rest of the red food coloring (8 drops) to the other bowl; stir to combine.
- 10Invert one cake layer onto a serving plate; frost the top of the cake layer with half of the red frosting.
- 11Place the second layer on top of the first layer; frost the top with the remaining red frosting.
- 12Frost the sides with the green frosting.
- 13Sprinkle the reserved chocolate-covered raisins over the top to look like seeds.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Watermelon Cake
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.0
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 378.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 47.6 g
- Protein 3.6 g