Recipe by Hadice
Martha Stewart's Everyday Living. For the mold, choose a deep metal mixing bowl with a dome shape.
- 2 pints pistashio ice cream
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 quart watermelon sorbet
- 4 chocolate wafers, broken into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 prepared six-inch round layer vanilla sponge cake
Directions See How It's Made
- Line 3 quart metal mixing bowl (the mold) with plastic, ensuring edges hang over sides of the bowl.
- Place the bowl the in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Chill the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Place pistachio ice cream in the chilled mixing bowl.
- Using the paddle attachment, beat on low for about 30 seconds.
- Remove the mold from the freezer.
- Using a rubber spatula, coat inside of mold with all the pistachio ice cream, making a 1/2 inch-thick layer.
- Clean mixing bowl and return both mold and bowl to freezer for 30 more minutes.
- Place vanilla ice cream in the chilled mixer bowl.
- Beat on low speed until spreadable, about 30 seconds.
- Remove mold from freezer, using the rubber spatula, spread vanilla over pistachio layer, making the new layer about 1/4 inch; return mold to freezer.
- Clean mixing bowl and return to freezer for 30 minutes more.
- Place sorbet in chilled mixing bowl; Beat on low speed for approx 1 minute.
- Fold in wafer pieces.
- Remove mold from freezer.
- Pack sorbet into center, making an even layer the comes to 1/3 inch below the top of the ice cream layer.
- Cover sorbet portion with sponge cake; trim cake if necessary.
- Return mold to freezer until completely hardened.
- To serve, place a serving plate upside down on top of the mold.
- Holding plate against the mold, invert both.
- Place a hot wet kitchen towel over the mold.
- Remove the metal bowl.
- Immeaditely before serving, remove the plastic wrap.