Recipe by JanuaryBride
A contest winning, healthy and easy recipe from Taste of Home. And it is SO good. No ice cream maker necessary! Recipe posted by Jill Swavely, Green Lane, Pennsylvania. NOTE: I made this the other day and used 1/4 cup Splenda and 1/4 cup sugar PLUS I misread the directions and just threw all of the ingredients in to the blender and I have to say it worked great without the heating of the "syrup".
- 1 cup water (I used the juice from the watermelon)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled (I used 1/2 raspberries and 1/2 strawberries)
- 1 tablespoon minced of fresh mint (or more if you like)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small heavy saucepan, bring the water and sugar to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- Place the watermelon and strawberries in a blender; add sugar syrup. Cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. If you want, strain and discard seeds and pulp. Transfer mixture to a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Freeze for 1 hour or until edges begin to firm.
- Stir in mint. Freeze 2 hours longer or until firm. Just before serving, transfer to a blender; cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until smooth.