Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A contest winning, healthy and easy recipe from Taste of Home. And it is SO good. No ice cream maker necessary! Recipe posted by Jill Swavely, Green Lane, Pennsylvania. NOTE: I made this the other day and used 1/4 cup Splenda and 1/4 cup sugar PLUS I misread the directions and just threw all of the ingredients in to the blender and I have to say it worked great without the heating of the "syrup".
- 1 cup water (I used the juice from the watermelon)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled (I used 1/2 raspberries and 1/2 strawberries)
- 1 tablespoon minced of fresh mint (or more if you like)
- In a small heavy saucepan, bring the water and sugar to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- Place the watermelon and strawberries in a blender; add sugar syrup. Cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. If you want, strain and discard seeds and pulp. Transfer mixture to a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Freeze for 1 hour or until edges begin to firm.
- Stir in mint. Freeze 2 hours longer or until firm. Just before serving, transfer to a blender; cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until smooth.
Just a lovely dessert and treatt! I loved the berry and melon flavors together and the mint was a great touch! Thanks you! Made for Vegetarian Wap-July 2010.
Wonderful dessert!! This was just the right amount of sweetness, and the balance between the watermelon and strawberry flavors was perfect. The addition of the mint really put it over the top! Thanks for sharing. Veg*n Swap 24
Delicious and a wonderful dessert (low call too!) on a hot day! I forgot the mint, but will remember to add it next time. Thanks for sharing!