Recipe by Cook4_6
I was looking for recipes for a Cinco de Mayo party I am going to tonight, and found this one. Posting it to test out later, should be good -- Martha usually knows what she is talking about!
- 7 1⁄2 lbs seedless watermelon, rind removed, fruit cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 teaspoons superfine sugar
- 6 ounces silver tequila
- 24 basil leaves, plus
- fresh basil sprig (to garnish)
- 3 ounces triple sec (1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 6 cups small ice cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 24 watermelon cubes on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Cover, and freeze at least 1 hour (up to 2 days).
- Puree remaining watermelon and the sugar in a blender until smooth. Pass through a sieve lined with cheesecloth into a bowl. (You should have 3 cups.)
- Place tequila and basil in a glass pitcher, and crush with a wooden spoon. Stir in watermelon juice and triple sec.
- Place watermelon cubes in glasses. Using a cocktail shaker, mix 3/4 cup margarita with 1 cup ice. Strain into a glass. Repeat. Serve garnished with basil.