Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Absolutely amazing!!! The watermelon really adds to the flavor! Great for beef or ribs especially on the grill but also good to marinade.
- Cut the melon into pieces and place in a saucepan.
- Cook it uncovered over medium heat until the melon is the consistency of applesauce (approximately 2−3 hours).
- Stir it occasionally. Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer uncovered over low heat for 2 hours.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before using.
Yikes, for some reason my previous review didn't get posted. Anyhow, this sauce was delicious and sweet and I basted my baked chicken breasts with it and it was very tasty. Will make this again, maybe for some ribs, thanks for posting! Made for My 3 Chefs 2012.