Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
adapted from gourmet magazine, i love the combination of flavors.
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups cubed seeded watermelon
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- in a large bowl whisk together lemon juice, vinegar and olive oil.
- add watermelon, arugula and nuts, toss to coat.
- sprinkle with cheese, season with fresh ground salt and pepper to taste.
This is a delicious salad. I followed recipe exactly except only had gorgonzola on hand, instead of feta. The dressing gives this a very pleasant sweet/tart taste that is yummy. My family loved it as well. We will have this again!
This is a great combo-I substituted Walnuts for pine nuts. I bet you could use a bottled vinaigrette if you had it around. Try it you'll like it!
My Oh My, What a yummy salad. I will be making this often during the summer as DH & Our DS & DDIL love watermelon. I halved the recipe for the 2 of us, also used some baby greens, yummy. Thank you Chia for another recipe.