Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The minute I saw this recipe in Gourmet Magazine, I just knew it would become one of my favorite summertime dishes. What could be better than having watermelon for supper? : ) It's a beautiful eye-catching salad, dressed with a light lemon dressing and I hope you will enjoy this as much as I do!
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups cubed and seeded watermelon, drained, 1/2 to 3/4 inch cubes (from a 2 1/2 lb. piece, rind discarded)
- 6 ounces baby arugula
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta or 1⁄3 cup ricotta cheese
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Whisk together lemon juice, vinegar and salt in a large bowl, then add oil in a slow stream, whisking until emulsified.
- Add watermelon, arugula, and pine nuts and toss to coat, then sprinkle with cheese and pepper.
Very tasty. I make a variation of this using lime juice instead of lemon juice. Since my entree tonight has lime in it, I decided to use the other half for this dressing. LIght and refreshing. Feels like summertime! Thanks for posting.
Huge hit, served it at 4th of July and everyone loved it. Goat cheese is also nice. So easy and so good.
Very good and interesting salad! I made a few subsitutions and ommissions by using some regular lettuce in place of the arugula and skipping the pine nuts - very good. Thanks for sharing this easy summer salad!