Recipe by Bev I Am
The minute I saw this recipe in Gourmet Magazine, I just knew it would become one of my favorite summertime dishes. What could be better than having watermelon for supper? : ) It's a beautiful eye-catching salad, dressed with a light lemon dressing and I hope you will enjoy this as much as I do!
Top Review by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
Very tasty. I make a variation of this using lime juice instead of lemon juice. Since my entree tonight has lime in it, I decided to use the other half for this dressing. LIght and refreshing. Feels like summertime! Thanks for posting.
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups cubed and seeded watermelon, drained, 1/2 to 3/4 inch cubes (from a 2 1/2 lb. piece, rind discarded)
- 6 ounces baby arugula
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta or 1⁄3 cup ricotta cheese
- fresh coarse ground black pepper