Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Watercress and watermelon make great companions. The dressing is made with raspberry vinegar and feta cheese tops it all. Quick, easy and wonderful.
- 4 cups watercress, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon raspberry vinegar
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 12 ounces seedless watermelon, cut in 1 inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1 -2 ounce crumbled feta cheese (about 1/4 cup)
- In a bowl, toss the watercress with the oil and vinegar; season with salt and pepper.
- Pile on a serving platter, top with watermelon and sprinkle with feta; serve immediately.
This is a dinner party deserving salad. So simple to put together with really "wow" results. I used a seeded watermelon (just don't think those seedless ones have the same flavour) and a delicious Danish feta. Gorgeous colours and flavour.