1 hr 30 mins
Pretty pink granita, an icy slush made glamorous with floating rose petal. Add rose petals for a pretty presentation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the sugar with the water in a small pan and bring to the boil, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- 2Puree the watermelon flesh in a blender.
- 3Combine the watermelon puree, rosewater and cooled sugar syrup and pour the mixtures into a plastic container and place in the freezer.
- 4Leave for 30 - 60 minutes - depending on the strength of your freezer - until it starts to freeze around the edges. Remove and stir well, breaking up the ice crystals, scraping the hard bits from the side. Return to the freezer and repeat the process every 30 minutes, for three or four times. The mixture will become increasingly thick and almost gluey with very fine crystals.
- 5Rinse the rose petals to remove any trace of chemicals and gentrly pat dry. Divide the granita between four small glasses or glass dishes, scatter with rose petals and a few reserved waterelon seeds and serve.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Watermelon and Rose Water Granita Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.7
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 34.2 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: