Prep 45 mins
Cook 5 mins
My mom learned this dish from a teacher who taught home economics. All of my family member love it. We always ask my mom to make it in summer.
- Dice the water melon to small cubes of about 1 1/2 cm x 1 1/2 cm.
- Remove the skin and seed of the lychees.
- Tear them into small pieces.
- Boil a suitable amount of water to dissolve the sugar.
- Let it cool down.
- Squeeze lemon juice into the sauce.
- Add the fruits into the sauce and place the whole thing into the fridge until they are cold enough.
- Serve cool.
Could not find lychee in our local grocery store so skipped this salad.
This is such a lovely blend of flavors, a great balance of sweet and tropical and tart for summer. I added the lychee juice to the mix, but then I had a lot of liquid. I used a 1:1 proportion of sugar to water -- 1/4 cup of each, though some might like it sweeter.