Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very light and refreshing and EASY salad for the summer months when watermelons are sweet and juicy. Recipe from Food & Wine; states that this is a Turkish dish.
- 1 lb seedless watermelon, chunks cut into small slabs
- 6 ounces fresh goat cheese, cut into 12 rounds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Arrange the watermelon slabs on 6 plates and top each with a fresh goat cheese round. Sprinkle all over with the orange zest and nigella seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk the orange juice and lemon juice with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the watermelon and goat cheese and serve right away.
I liked this dish, the husband LOVED it.
More tasty than I imagined it would be. I used a sweet baby watermelon, fresh round goat cheese not feta, sea salt, plus the rest of the ingredients minus the optional nigella seeds as I didn't have any on hand.
We loved it . . . I have a recipe for a grilled watermelon salad and wanted to try this version. Didn't change a thing! Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT #6