Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The saltyness of the Feta brings out the flavor and sweetness of watermelon beautifully.
- 709.77 ml of 2-inch chunks watermelon, seeded
- 236.59 ml crumbled feta cheese
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2.46 ml red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the watermelon, feta, and black pepper to taste.
- Add red pepper flakes if you like.
- Serve immediately.
I wasn't that impressed with this. I had a very sweet, juicy, soft watermelon, and melon was the primary flavor without being able to taste much else (so I might have well just eaten some watermelon straight). Also, after sitting out for only a few minutes the feta was swimming in a pool of watery juice. I might have liked it better if it had some other fruits or vegetables in the salad (like cucumbers or onions) to balance it out and make it so there was more to this salad than just watermelon.
Like Neohippie, we weren't very impressed by this. It was ok but if I made it again I would cut the watermelon ahead of time and then drain it before adding the feta. It was too watery by the time dinner was over.
Made this for a pot luck and it went over very well. I did not use the red pepper flakes. We did have fresh cut mint for those who wanted to add it. We used the feta in a brine.