Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have been on a watermelon kick lately so when I saw this in a weight loss magazine I knew it was one I wanted to try. Each 1 cup serving is 1 WW point and this is also a core recipe. The original recipe calls for seedless cucumbers. I'm not someone who is bothered by cucumber seeds in things but if you are, use a seedless kind. Cook time is stand time.
- 3 cups seedless watermelon, chunked
- 2 cucumbers, sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Seed and chop the jalapeno pepper (using gloves so as not to get the oil on your hands).
- Mix the watermelon, cucumbers, and jalapeno together.
- Add vinegar and salt and mix well.
- Let stand at least 15 minutes for the flavors to blend.
I added feta to this salad so it was a bit of a hybrid of the two first watermelon salads on Food.com. Delish! Great way to serve the flavors of summer!
This is a real winner. Does not even need the jalapeno. Amazing what the red wine vinegar does to the flavor.
WOW! Strange combination that turns into a yummy salad that has your taste buds dancing! Delicious last night and the left overs today are still just as good or even better. So fresh and light! I made the recipe as is except adding just a touch more watermelon and mincing the jalapeno fine. Thanks for sharing.