Recipe by Nana Lee
This fresh, colorful soup makes a great summer starter. It's definitely different and very refreshing.
Top Review by erosenthal
This is the best soup I've ever had. So subtle, so amazing. Skipped the jalepenos and added mayo instead of sour cream because that's what I had on hand and put in my tomato gazpacho.
- 1 (3 lb) seedless watermelon, diced, divided (about 5 cups)
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, seeded, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 small jalapeno chile, seeded, minced
- 3 inner celery ribs, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 small red onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped of fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup creme fraiche or 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree 4 cups watermelon in blender until smooth.
- Transfer puree to large bowl.
- Add remaining 1 cup diced watermelon and next 10 ingredients; stir to combine.
- Cover gazpacho and refrigerate until cold, at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
- Divide gazpacho among bowls and top with dollop of crème fraîche or sour cream.
- Makes 4 servings.
- Bon Appétit.
- August 2005.