Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
In ‘Williams-Sonoma: Picnics and Tailgates’
Make and share this Watermelon and Citrus Agua Fresca recipe from Food.com.
- 6 lbs watermelon, rind and seeds removed, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar (castor sugar)
- ice cube
- Working in batches if necessary, put the watermelon and citrus juices in a food processor and process until pureed.
- Place a fine-mesh sieve over a large bowl and pour the puree into the sieve.
- Using a rubber spatula, press down on the fruit to force the juice into the bowl.
- Discard the pulp.
- Stir the water and sugar into the juice.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Transfer to a chilled thermos.
- Serve over ice.