Prep 8 mins
Cook 2 mins
I got this recipe from last night's newspaper. Originally from "Vineyard Harvest: A Year of Good Food on Martha's Vineyard" by Tina Miller. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds wonderful!
- 4 cups diced seeded watermelon (from a 3-lb piece, rind discarded)
- 1 1⁄2 cups raspberries
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 cups chilled champagne or 2 cups sparkling white wine
- 2 tablespoons Chambord raspberry liquor or 2 tablespoons creme de cassis
- Layer the watermelon and raspberries in four wine glasses or parfait glasses. Top with lemon zest.
- In a glass or other non-reactive pitcher, combine the champagne and the liqueur and stir, then quickly pour over the fruit.
- Serve immediately.