Recipe by FloridaNative
This refreshing drink is served by roadside vendors all over Mexico. Not too much fruit, not too much sugar, just a beautiful way to quench your thirst on a summer day. From 'EatingWell.com' and posted for ZWT5. NOTE: Prep time DOES NOT include 4 hour chill time.
- 8 cups watermelon (cubed, seeded, and divided)
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1⁄3 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 liter club soda or 1 liter seltzer water, well chilled
- lime slice, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine half the watermelon, half the water and half the sugar in a blender; puree.
- Pour through a coarse strainer into a large container.
- Repeat with the remaining watermelon, water and sugar.
- Stir in lime juice.
- Refrigerate until well chilled, about 4 hours.
- To serve, stir in club soda (or seltzer) and garnish with lime.
- MAKE AHEAD TIP: Prepare through Step 1, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.