Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is great for both kids and adults! From Cooking Light
Make and share this Watermelon Agua Fresca recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups watermelon, seeded, cubed, divided
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Finely chop two cups of the watermelon, and set aside.
- Place remaining two cups watermelon in a blender; process until smooth.
- Pour pureed watermelon through a sieve into a pitcher, and discard the solids.
- Add water, sugar and lime juice; stir until sugar dissolves.
- Stir in chopped watermelon.
- Cover and chill at least one hour.
Very nice! Tastes like a watermelon soda fixed with club soda. I had some watermelon that was not so great and decided to try this. I mixed the watermelon, sugar and lime juice without the water and stored it in the fridge. Then when ready to drink it, mix 1part watermelon with 1 part club soda. Also found a little extra sugar is good for a less than perfect melon.
i agree that less water should be used if you want a stronger watermelon taste. otherwise, nice and refreshing.