Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Pistachio pudding mix is the base for this marshmallow salad with pineapple, nuts and fluffy whipped topping.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 0.5 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a large bowl, mix together pudding mix, pineapple with juice, marshmallows, and nuts. Fold in whipped topping. Chill.
- My Note: This is a good recipe that you may needs some modifications. To get the pineapple to pudding mix ration right, I make it with a 20 ounce can of fruit with two boxes of pudding, adding double the whipped cream. Sometimes it is good to add coconut as well.
- Sometime I would add more pineapple than called for - I used a 20-oz. can of (unsweetened) pineapple chunks. The second time I made this, I wanted to make it less soupy (adding all the juice was just too much liquid), so I drained the entire 20-oz. can of pineapple (chunks) into a measuring cup, then added 1/2 cup juice to the pudding. Letting it sit overnight is key, as it will taste too much like unprepared pudding if you don't. I used pecans instead of walnuts, and cut down on the amount (used 1/4 cup instead of 1/2), and would do that again. I also used the entire 8-oz. tub of whipped topping.
- My wilf had tons of requests at a baby shower for this recipe. Here it is wath she did -- 2 (3.4 oz) packages of instant pistachio pudding, 2 (20oz) cans of crushed pineapple, drained (1/4 cup reserved juice), 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, 1(16 oz) cool whip, thawed. Fold all ingredients into the cool whip and chill for several hours.