Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my Mom's recipe It's my favorite "dessert" type salad and we have it at every holiday dinner. (I put the chill time in the cook time category.)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (3 ounce) package pistachio pudding mix
- 1 (9 ounce) carton Cool Whip
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (preferrably pecans)
- 3 bananas, diced
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry, cut in small pieces
- Put pineapple with juice in a bowl.
- Stir in pudding mix.
- Mix well.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Chill until ready to serve, at least 1 hour.
This is great to serve for a holiday sidedish.Its easy and it tastes so good! We love it! I toss the bananas in a little lemon juice to keep them from turning brown otherwise don't change a thing. Great recipe! Thanks for sharing. :)
you just brought back a thousand memories of the church-lady potlucks I went to with grandma as a little girl! This stuff without the bananas ("pistachio fluff" in Bellevue, Ohio) was always my favorite! Thanks for the recipe!!!
very easy-very good.I will make this again.