Recipe by Tarynne
This is a cake my grandma use to make when I was younger. She would leave coconut off a portion of the cake for me. I don't know why they call it watergate cake.
Top Review by MizzNezz
We really loved this cake! I made it in a bundt pan and it was done in 45 minutes. I really wondered about the glaze and a frosting, but it works great. Everyone loved it! This one is a keeper! Thanks to Tarynne!
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 1 package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2 envelopes Dream Whip
- 2 cups cold milk
- nuts (optional)
- coconut (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 2 layer cake pans or a tube pan with cooking spray.
- Mix cake ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Pour into cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 - 60 min.
- Knife will come out clean when done.
- Meanwhile mix powdered sugar with just enough lemon lime soda to make a paste.
- Spread Glaze on cake while hot.
- Prepare frosting.
- add pudding mix dream whip& milk in a mixing bowl mix till peaks form.
- Frost cake when it has cooled.
- sprinkle with nuts& coconut if desired.