Recipe by Catnip46
I have tried this with duck, goose and chicken. They were all pretty good.
Top Review by Stacey in BG!!!
Very good as written - esp with the wild rice under it...but I don't think I'd bother with the flouring and browning step next time - it would be just find if the chicken was sauted with the veggies alone...and I'm not sure it needs quite that much butter - maybe sub in some white wine?
- 4 large duck breasts or 1 goose or 4 chicken breasts
- 3 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, plus
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut meat into finger sized strips, cutting with the grain.
- Roll each piece in mixture of ten parts flour and 1 part each of sage, salt and pepper. Brown meat in an iron skillet in one stick of butter or margaine, keeping heat very low and turning often to avoid burning.
- When brown remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add mushrooms, onions and celery to skillet and cook until soft.
- Add meat, crumbled bacon, thyme, garlic salt and 1/2 stick of margarine.
- Simmer for 30 minutes stirring frequently.
- Serve with wild rice and your choice of vegetables.