1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I have tried this with duck, goose and chicken. They were all pretty good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large duck breasts or 1 goose or 4 chicken breasts
- 3 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, plus
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1Cut meat into finger sized strips, cutting with the grain.
- 2Roll each piece in mixture of ten parts flour and 1 part each of sage, salt and pepper. Brown meat in an iron skillet in one stick of butter or margaine, keeping heat very low and turning often to avoid burning.
- 3When brown remove from skillet and set aside.
- 4Add mushrooms, onions and celery to skillet and cook until soft.
- 5Add meat, crumbled bacon, thyme, garlic salt and 1/2 stick of margarine.
- 6Simmer for 30 minutes stirring frequently.
- 7Serve with wild rice and your choice of vegetables.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Waterfowl Delight
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 842.0
- Calories from Fat 570
- Total Fat 63.4 g
- Saturated Fat 29.8 g
- Cholesterol 421.9 mg
- Sodium 578.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 61.0 g