Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From "Real Simple" magazine. You will have leftover dressing.
- 1 lb beet, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 6 cups watercress
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
Creamy Herb Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped (such as chives, parsley, and dill)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F; toss beets with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until tender 18 to 20 minutes; let cool.
- In a serving bowl, toss watercress, fennel and beets.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients OR place in a lidded glass jar and shake.
- Drizzle 6 tablespoons of the dressing over the salad and toss well.