Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I like cooking with bulgur wheat as an alternative to the usual rice and pasta. This comes from a magazine and is nice and fresh. Great served with grilled shell fish or chicken.
- 150 g bulgur wheat
- 225 g watercress leaves, 2/3 chopped very fine
- 1 cucumber, finely diced
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped roughly
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Cook the bulgur wheat until tender.
- Drain and squeeze as much water as possible out.
- Place in a large bowl, add all remaining ingredients, just keep the 1/3 of the watercress that's not chopped to one side.
- Mix well and season to taste.
- Toss the remaining watercress through the salad.