Recipe by An_Net
Heavenly fresh and so easy to prepare. The What a beautiful combination of flavours, simple and classy. Don't try to make this when you feel like it, make it when you can find perfect pears and watercress, remember only the freshest in season is best. For one person I normally use around half a pear 2 big handfuls of watercress and 2 big handfuls of rocket. Quantities can be adjusted easily. I love this salad with roasted meat
Top Review by SheCooks
A delicious and refreshing salad. The dressing is simple but classic. I think the lemon juice keeps the pear's colour because when we ate the left overs the next day the pears hadn't gone brown.
I couldn't find good quality watercress, and it was just fine with wild rocket.
My husband, who was somewhat apprehensive regarding the thought of pear in a salad loved it!
- 1 sweet pear
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- 2 cups rocket
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup watercress
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- If the skins are nice just give them a wash, if not remove with a peeler. Then cut them in half and deseed. It doesn`t really matter how you cut them up. Sometimes in big rough chunks, maybe sliced up or even grated.
- Then place into the bowl with the watercress and rocket. The pepperiness of the leaves works so well with the sweetness of the pear.
- Drizzle with a good extra virgin olive oil just to coat, a small squeeze of lemon juice (because the pear juice is slightly acidic but very tasty), and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Toss all this together and serve. Shave over some Parmesan or Pecorino, crumble your nuts over.