Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
A recipe from my collection.
- 60 g butter or 60 g oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 350 g potatoes
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 3 sprigs watercress, washed and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream (and some extra for garnish)
- Melt the butter and add the chopped onions. Cook gently until they're soft and have changed colour.
- Add the leek and cock for two more minutes.
- Peel and slice the potatoes thinly. Stir them into the onion mix.
- Pour the stock into the mixture and season with salt ground pepper. Bring to the boil and skim any foam that rises to the top.
- Reduce the heat and simmer the soup until the potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the chopped the watercress and cook covered for about five minutes. Grate in a little nutmeg and remove from the heat.
- Process the mixture in a blender until smooth.
- Voila, serve :).