Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
One of my favorite soups, has a nice bite to it, if your a fan of spice feel free to cut back, Also, I've never actually measured the amount of watercress in this soup, and use the stalks and all.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 medium boiling potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 in pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups watercress
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- Place potatoes, watercress and shallots in broth and bring to a boil on medium high.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for approximately 20 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked.
- Place veg in blender with some broth and blend til smooth.
- Pour back into pot and add milk and white pepper, and heat through, Season with salt if needed.
This is a nice light soup, used oxo bouillon cubes, approx. 1 c. of fresh parsly and 1 hot pepper wld. make again.