Recipe by lolalobato
Chicken soup isn't the only soup. Veggies and fruits make a great soup too. It's a delicate, sublime and nutritious. It transports me to the countryside surrounded by green and flowers, feeling the air and the flavor of spring.
- 2 bunches watercress
- 3 pears, cored, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 leek, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 4 cups vegetable stock
Directions See How It's Made
- In a soup pot, at low heat melt the butter.
- Add the leek and cook until it begins to soften.
- Add the pear and cook covered for few minutes also until tender.
- Add the watercress, vegetable stock and continue cooking for about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the cream and puree in the blender.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste and serve with a piece of country bread if desired.