1/1 Photo of Watercress Soup
Chicken soup isn't the only soup. Veggies and fruits make a great soup too. It's a delicate, sublime and nutritious. It transports me to the countryside surrounded by green and flowers, feeling the air and the flavor of spring.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a soup pot, at low heat melt the butter.
- 2Add the leek and cook until it begins to soften.
- 3Add the pear and cook covered for few minutes also until tender.
- 4Add the watercress, vegetable stock and continue cooking for about 10 minutes.
- 5Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Pour the cream and puree in the blender.
- 7Add additional salt and pepper to taste and serve with a piece of country bread if desired.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Watercress Soup
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.6
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 74.7 mg
- Sodium 90.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: