Recipe by pattikay in L.A.
This is an interesting combination from The Border Cookbook. Posted for ZWT 3, Mexico. It combines sharp and sweet flavors that work pretty well with spicy Mexican meals. I've just made this once and I think the dressing could use some adjustments and maybe the salad mix - so feel free to add your own touches and let me know about them!
- 1⁄4 cup fresh tangerine juice (or orange juice)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 bunches watercress (tough stems removed)
- 2 tangerines, membranes removed and sections halved (can also use one small orange)
- 3⁄4 cup diced jicama
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red radish
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the dressing, combine the ingredients in a blender or food processor till smooth.
- the dressing can be made ahead, but shake well before using.
- in a serving bowl, toss the watercress with enough dressing to coat well.
- toss with remaining salad ingredients.
- serve immediately with additional dressing on the side.