1/2 Photos of Watercress Raita
3 hrs 5 mins
From: "The Vegetarian Epicure" by Anna Thomas, first edition 1972. This book was a real find! -Cooling. Cook time is chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 cup fresh watercress leaf, dried and finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar or 1 1/2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper or 1 pinch black pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped to garnish (optional)
- 1Stir together yogurt, watercress and garlic.
- 2Add spices and green bell pepper.
- 3You may want to chill it for a few hours it to develop the flavors.
- 4Place in a serving dish and garnish with red bell pepper if desired.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Watercress Raita
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 53.2
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 1.6 mg
- Sodium 259.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 4.9 g