Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A lovely fresh, tasty pasta dish which is easy to cook and even easier to eat!
- 80 g watercress
- 100 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 50 g walnut pieces, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 300 g farfalle pasta
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 pitted black olives, halved
- To make the pesto, chop the watercress (keep a couple of sprigs for the garnish), mix with the parmesan, walnuts, garlic and lemon zest in a food processor. Drizzle in the olive oil and blend again to make a smooth paste. Season to taste.
- Cook the pasta according to pack instructions, until just tender. Meanwhile, lightly grill the tomatoes for about 5 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and toss with pesto, tomatoes, olives and reserved watercress. Serve straight away.
This was really good, the pesto with watercress worked just great and a wonderful way of using my watercress surfeit. Personally I don't like walnuts and I used sunflower seeds instead.
Hi, this was really good. I didn't have the farfalle and used the little shells which worked well. Nice and light but it still filled us up too!