Recipe by Um Safia
A lovely fresh, tasty pasta dish which is easy to cook and even easier to eat!
Top Review by Chocoholic UK
This was really good, the pesto with watercress worked just great and a wonderful way of using my watercress surfeit. Personally I don't like walnuts and I used sunflower seeds instead.
- 80 g watercress
- 100 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 50 g walnut pieces, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 300 g farfalle pasta
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 pitted black olives, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the pesto, chop the watercress (keep a couple of sprigs for the garnish), mix with the parmesan, walnuts, garlic and lemon zest in a food processor. Drizzle in the olive oil and blend again to make a smooth paste. Season to taste.
- Cook the pasta according to pack instructions, until just tender. Meanwhile, lightly grill the tomatoes for about 5 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and toss with pesto, tomatoes, olives and reserved watercress. Serve straight away.