Recipe by robd16
This is a wonderful way to enjoy pears when they are flavoursome yet still firm and crisp. A lovely summer lunch or starter, the kind that is satisfying in the way that you don't need dessert and something to take your time over.
- 75 g watercress
- 1 large pear, juicy yet crisp, cut into slices
- 50 -75 g blue cheese
- 12 walnut halves
For the dressing
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the dressing by mixing everything together, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the watercress and pear slices together and dress with the dressing.
- Arrange on 2 plates, distributing the pear evenly, embed the walnuts and crumble over the blue cheese.