Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
a lovely light pate. for ultra posh nibbles serve in croustades shells or on tiny bruschetta.
- 50 g watercress, stalks removed
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 200 g mascarpone cheese
- ground black pepper or 2 teaspoons pink peppercorns, drained
- Wash watercress.
- Put all ingredients in blender.
- turn it on and if needs be stop it to scrape down the sides.
- place in a bowl and eat (fingers optional).
This is so good! I'm always looking for unique vegetable sauces, dips, pestos, etc. Had to thin it a bit with cream due to a small processor, but I used it on rotini, sprinkled a little oregano and dried red whole chili peppers on it. Didn't really come out the consistency of pate' (maybe because of the cream?) That's okay!