Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad was found on the Culinary Cafe site. It's refreshing...and has some of my favorite ingredients in it!!
- 2 oranges (I used Blood Oranges)
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1⁄2 red onion, medium-sized
- 2 1⁄2 fl oz extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Slice away the tops and bottoms of oranges. Cutting from top to bottom, following the curve of the orange, slice away the peel and white pith.
- Slice between the membranes of the orange segments. Remove the segments. Squeeze the juice from the membrane, and reserve.
- Wash watercress thoroughly in cold water. Thinly slice the onion half and soak it in cold water; a brief soaking removes harsh, bitter flavors.
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, and orange juice in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; season with salt and pepper. Shake vigorously.
- Drain the watercress and onion. Combine them with the orange segments, and vinaigrette; toss well to evenly coat.
- Divide among salad plates and serve.
Katie this salad is wonderful. It's so visually appealing yet takes very little time and effort to make. I know I'll be making this again!