Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is wonderful as a coating for a filet of beef or use on a hamburger (I will post a recipe for Pesto Burgers under a separate cover). Try a bit of this with pasta. This recipe is from "Meat Lovers Cookbook" by Sarlin & Porter The recipe is exactly as posted in the cookbook but I find that I can cut the oil back to half and it is still quite fluid.
- 2 cups watercress leaves, plucked from the stem (apprx 1-2 bunches)
- 3⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1 cup fresh parsley, stems removed
- 1 cup olive oil
- fresh fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 7 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- Put watercress, basil, parsley& garlic in a food processor& process until finely chopped.
- Add the olive oil in a slow steady stream to form a paste.
- Add pepper.
- Place in a sealed container add 1/4" olive oil on top to prevent darkening it will keep for up to 2 weeks.
- Or place in ice cube trays and freeze it will keep for up to 6 months.