Recipe by Vegwife
From Christian Cooks, this salad is my new favorite. I thought all the flavors looked so interesting together. this salad presents beautifully and has such a nice mixture of flavors. It is really a healthy treat.
- 1 bunch watercress, rinsed well
- 1⁄2 small jicama, peeled, cut into thin matchstick pieces
- 2 oranges, peeled, sectioned
- 1 red grapefruit, peeled, sectioned
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted over an open flame, peeled, seeded, sliced into ribbons
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 -2 small shallot, finely minced
- 1 fresh garlic clove, finely minced
- sea salt
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 fresh lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. (To prepare the fruit, slice off the tops and bottoms, revealing the flesh. Set the fruit on a cutting board and slice the skin and pith away, revealing the flesh of the orange and grapefruit. Release the fruit from the membranes into sections.).
- Prepare the dressing by.
- combining all ingredients, except lemon juice in a sauce pan. Place over low heat and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes to develop flavors. Remove dressing from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Just before serving, toss salad with enough dressing to coat. Serve immediately.